I (finally) finished Sam's GALEX-optimized star catalog based on the USNO-B1.0 astrometric standard catalog. It is limited in the B band, and all-sky. Unfortunately, the Galactic Plane is a big issue. I decided that for the next iteration, I need to make a catalog that is uniform in angular density. This means putting a healpix grid on the sphere, and keeping N stars in each healpix pixel. This would be hard work if Finkbeiner hadn't already put healpix into idlutils.
I also went over more of Quintero's paper on clustocentric distance dependencies for SDSS galaxies relative to Berlind's clusters. Quintero's results have a pretty sharp feature (break in dependency slope) at 1 virial radius, which implies that the Berlind mass estimates can't be all that bad.