2005-08-01

astrometry tweak, post-starburst environments

Sam has nearly nailed the blind astrometry for SDSS, so it is time to work on the "tweak" step that takes Sam's output and produces a precise, fine-tuned WCS for the image. I started on this today by drafting code to make an approximate WCS header from Sam's output; this and the original x,y list can be passed to the Fink-Hogg code (created as part of the photometricity monitor robot) to get a precise WCS (or report that no such precise WCS can be found).

In other news, the post-starburst environments paper reaches the end of its three-week waiting period (a period when SDSS collaborators can comment on the paper and request authorship or content changes) this week. I worked a bit on getting that ready to submit.

3 comments:

  1. And you're positive you can rule out tidal triggers for the majority of the K+A galaxies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurt: I am glad you asked. Here's the figure upon which that conclusion is based.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised - the K+A fraction never rises above .012!

    (Also, I have also discovered that my browser problem was a me problem)

    ReplyDelete