2007-08-09

psf, M/L

I spent time yesterday (traveling for family reasons) and today working on incorporating non-trivial point-spread-function estimates into the proper-motion measurement code. I fear that the gaussian approximation to the point-spread function is affecting my results, at least slightly.

I also spent some time reading and commenting on a very nice draft paper by Sheldon on the mass-to-light ratios (as a function of scale) of virialized structures in the Universe, based on a comparison of cluster–galaxy cross-correlations and cluster–mass cross-correlations (based on statistical weak lensing).

My loyal readers will both be sad to learn that I go out of all internet contact for a week starting Monday, so there may not be much here.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Hogg,
    I unsuccessfully tried to contact you many times with email and phone. I am a director of sky-map.org project that shows the sky in google maps manner. It shows SDSS with all objects mapped and a few infrared surveys. We are extremely interested in using astrometry.net project. In our opinion sky-map.org been combined with astrometry.net’s results would become the most impressive web-based sky-visualization tool in the world.

    I am sorry about posting this message here. It’s just because all other methods of contacting you are ineffective.

    Konstantin Lysenko,

    SKY-MAP.ORG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot my contacts:
    kostya@sky-map.org,
    416-8369785.

    K.

    ReplyDelete