2014-02-17

pile of stuff, assembled and shipped

I spent the day assembling my zeroth draft material for my Atlas together into one file, including plates, captions, and some half-written text. It is a mess, but it is in one file. All the galaxies are shown at the same plate scale and same exposure, calibration, and stretch. One of the hardest problems to solve (and I solved it boringly) is how to split up the page area into multiple panels (all at same plate scale) to show the full extents of all the galaxies without too much waste. Another hard problem was going through the data for the millionth time, looking at outliers and understanding what's wrong in each case. It is a mess, but as I am writing this I am uploading to the web to deliver it to my editor (Gnerlich at Princeton University Press).

No comments:

Post a Comment