K2 search

I spent most of our snow day doing Center for Data Science administration, but when I got a bit of research time, I worked on Foreman-Mackey's K2 exoplanet search paper. I also had a great phone conversation with Rix about The Cannon, and especially what the next papers should be. We need a refactored code and code release paper (led by Anna Ho, MPIA) and we need to try using The Cannon to diagnose issues with the physical models. We also have to use The Cannon to tie together the stellar parameter "systems" of two (or more) surveys, since this was the whole point of the project, originally.

No comments:

Post a Comment