In the morning, Roweis gave our group meeting, with a nice talk about methods for approximating very large, non-square matrices. He included a method for approximating the rows with a small number of archetypes, subject to various kinds of constraints; we are thinking about doing this to make a possible version 3.0 of kcorrect.
In the afternoon, Lang and I looked up our very high proper-motion red stars in the 2MASS catalog, meaning we added code to our image-modeling code that automatically looks up every single source we analyze in 2MASS. (In fact, since Lang and I built this system with integrated data analysis, web pages, and database, the 2MASS look-ups happen every single time you reload each object's web page!) The brighter fast-moving stars are there, at positions that confirm the motions we measure.