2022-01-25

I broke everything

My loyal reader knows that Soledad Villar (JHU) and I are trying to get a paper on units-equivariance (machine learning that exactly obeys the symmetries of dimensional analysis) ready in time for the ICML deadline. Maybe not a good idea! Anyway, right now none of our numerical experiments are working all that well and today I broke one even further. We have several different, equivalent forms for unit-equivariance. My code had been written for one, and then we wrote the paper for a different one. So I updated my code and now nothing works. The old and new codes aren't identical, so it makes sense that they differ. But it used to work. Argh. I can use version control to go backwards, but the problem is: Then the code won't be consistent with the framework we advocate in the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment