All I did today was announce to the SDSS Collaboration the completion of my atlas of SDSS images of a diameter-selected subsample of the RC3. I got lots of response from the Collaboration, but this does not qualify as a resarch accomplishment, so today was a failure.
I noticed this disturbed early-type galaxy, possibly revealing a recent-past accretion event:
Sam and I spent a bit of time discussing the use of magnitude/brightness information in the vapor-ware astrometry engine. We concluded that, for the demonstration project at least, it makes sense to make stellar patterns out of stars of similar brightness, where "similar" clearly involves some free parameters.
I spent last Thursday and Friday (2005-02-10 and 11) visiting McGill.