geometry bugs

In our weekly meeting, Ana Bonaca (Harvard) and I discovered a super-subtle bug in how the covariance matrices we are making (context: the Cramér–Rao bound on Milky-Way parameters given observations (and a model) of cold stellar streams) are being plotted. Damn geometry is hard! But she fixed the code and all our covariances look really good now. We think we understand the trade-offs between different parameters, given different data. Time to write! And use the framework for planning new observations.

I spent the rest of the day not working on my NSF proposal, which is very bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment