2020-06-22

self-calibration

I made my slides today for my talk at the SDSS 2020 meeting that is going on this week. I am speaking tomorrow. I had to make slides today because there is a rule of the meeting that you must submit your slides the day before your talk slot. The meeting is a carefully thought-out exercise in remote meetings. I am looking forward to seeing if I can generate some discussion. My talk is about self-calibration: How it was used in the original SDSS imaging, how it has been used in every extremely precise photometric project since, and how it might be used to assist in spectroscopy in the future. I spend some time on the causal attitude towards self-calibration, which my student Dun Wang pioneered. I really should write a paper synthesizing all of this at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment