2022-10-12

infographics?

I find it hard to admit to myself that I (and collaborators) are considering submitting a manuscript to Nature Communications, which is part of the evil publishing empire (though at least it is Open Access). I have been pretty morally pure on this point for many years. But! It is hard to find publishing venues that are truly interdisciplinary. And many of those venues are bad (pirates even, and I don't mean that in a good way).

If we are going to publish in Nature Communications then we need an infographic or good visuals. Today, Soledad Villar (JHU) and I worked through possible visuals and design ideas for a good infographic. I have to say that I benefitted enormously from the extremely informative and compact visualization that Lily Zhao (Flatiron) made for Excalibur (Figure 1 of this paper).

No comments:

Post a Comment