2005-10-12

review, wikis, XMM

I worked on my review paper for the Marseille meeting.

Phil Marshall and I discussed the possibility of making a web-based user interface or wiki to get community or student feedback on whether individual extracted HST images of massive galaxies are gravitational lenses. This is similar to things Blanton and I have discussed to get the SDSS galaxies classified morphologically. The idea is crazy, but interesting.

With help from Quintero, I inspected the Juett's XMM targets by eye.

3 comments:

  1. Hi David, little of topic comment :-)

    I'm collecting signatures to my new post-doc fellowship here in Germany. Head of the group signature, director signature ... now I have them all, so the project can be sent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, since we are already chatting in this topic comment, we've asked me to send you the paper url when it was done! I guess you saw it at the blog, but just in case:

    http://arXiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0509908

    ReplyDelete